Earth Fare has officially opened in Morrisville’s Park Village West and I can honestly say I’ve never been as impressed with a grocery store as I am with them. They invited me for a sneak peek tour just before they opened and WOW! I’ve never visited their Brier Creek location, but this one is a completely different design which is pretty exciting. If you’re new to Earth Fare, here is what you need to know.
Earth Fare started back in 1975 right here in good ol’ North Carolina. It’s first store opened in Asheville and since then they have grown to be a healthy grocery option. When I think “healthy” grocery, my first assumption is usually “more expensive.” Earth Fare has some pretty good specials and prices though. Not to mention SO MANY ways to help you save more. Between their text message deals, online sales flyers, email deals, phone app, and their Tomato Bank program, you can ALWAYS find a way to save on healthier products.
I’ve talked about “healthy” several times already, but how do you know what you’re getting at Earth Fare is healthier? Their amazing Food Philosohpy says it all. In fact, the Food Philosphy and everything that surrounds it, is what I really think sets them apart from the rest. They like to say that they read ingredient labels so you don’t have to. They guarantee that NONE of the products in their store will contain 8 ingredient types:
- No High Fructose Corn Syrup
- No Artificial Fats or Artificial Trans Fats
- No Artificial Colors
- No Artificial Flavors
- No Artificial Preservatives
- No Artificial Sweeteners
- No Antibiotics or Synthetic Growth Hormones in Fresh Meat or Dairy
- No Bleached or Bromated Flour
I typically shop in conventional grocery stores and read a lot of labels. Our family isn’t a 100% clean eating family, and I can’t claim to avoid all of these ingredients all the time, but I LOVE that I can go into Earth Fare and KNOW these things won’t be in ANYTHING I buy. It also means some of the staples in my house, like Pepperidge Farms Goldfish, are found right there on the Earth Fare shelf. They don’t contain any of that stuff so they pass the test! You can even get Coca-Cola at Earth Fare, the kind imported from Mexico since they use real sugar and colors. This food philosphy lets Earth Fare be a one stop shop. You don’t have to go to one store for your “conventional items” and then hit the health store for your clean foods. You can do it all at Earth Fare. Very cool.
Here are 5 more things you REALLY should know before you go to Earth Fare.
- You can purchase freshly ground, push button, bulk nut butter. You can even bring your own container. SUPER cool. (You can actually bring your own container for shopping any of the bulk items. They have weigh information at the front of the store)
- ALL of their deli meats are nitrate free, antibiotic, and hormone free.
- Produce comes in organic and conventional options. They want consumers to make their own decisions. When it’s available they source from NC farmers.
- The quality of meat and seafood is phenomenal. Meats are humanely raised, vegetarian fed, artificial color and preservative free, and antibiotic free. Seafood is wild harvest or sustainably raised, and hormone free.
- They support LOCAL! After all, that’s part of what Today’s NC is all about, right? You can spot “local” tags on products in the store which means the item came from within a 100 miles radius.
Now that you’re pumped about Earth Fare and want to get in there, I have more exciting news. Earth Fare provided me with a $50 gift card for one of our lucky readers. Entering is easy. Just follow the directions in the Rafflecopter box below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway