I absolutely LOVE guacamole. It is the one thing I always order when we eat at Mexican restaraunts. A few years ago, I started making my own. After a lot of trial and error, this is my go to, easy to make, guacamole recipe.
Easy Guacamole Recipe
You will need:
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 small lemons (1 lemon, 1 lime)
- ¼ t pepper
- ¼ t salt
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ¼ t onion powder
- ¼ t cumin
- ¼ c pico de gallo
1. Begin by halving each avocado and removing the pit. Score the inside with a knife (carefully) then remove the meat with a spoon into a bowl.
2. Cut the lemons and limes in half. Squeeze the citrus juice over the chunks of avocado. Mix lightly with a fork beginning to slightly break down the pieces of avocado.
3. Add in the spices.
4. Use a fork to mix in spices and mash chunks of avocado to desired consistency.
5. Stir in the pico de gallo.
You can definitely adjust the number of avocado you use based on the size. The same goes for the lemons/lime. I like to be able to really taste the citrus in my guac. If you don’t, then use a little less.
Serve with chips, on burgers, with your favorite Mexican dish… or just eat it with a spoon. I’ve definitely been guilty of that!