I know that there are a million recipes on Pinterest telling you how to make your own taco seasoning. I just can’t get myself to do it though. I also know that when I use the old packet of dried taco taste, it is way saltier and less “good” than I remember it being back in the day. That’s why I moved on. I made it my mission a year ago to find good, store-bought, ingredients I could deal with taco seasoning. Enter Frontera Texas Original Taco Sauce. This stuff is amazing. They actually have a huge selection of products (fajita seasoning, guacamole mix, salsas, etc.) that you can browse online and find a lot of Frontera’s products in many of our area grocery stores.
So what do I do with Frontera TexasOriginal Taco Sauce? Here is my quick and easy, tastes great, pretty healthy Turkey Taco Recipe.
Frontera Turkey Taco Recipe
You will need:
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 small green bell pepper (or 1/2 of a large pepper), diced
- 1 small red bell pepper (or 1/2 of a large pepper), diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package Frontera Texas Original Taco Sauce
- Combine your turkey, peppers, and onions into a skillet over medium/medium-high heat.
- Stir regularly until turkey is completely cooked.
- Drain excess liquid from pan.
- Add Frontera Taco Sauce and mix well.
- Now you’re ready for tacos! Or you can toss it in a lettuce leaf for a low carb option. Either way, it’s DELICIOUS!